The tools are capable of burnishing outside diameters, tapers, faces, fillet radii and spherical surfaces. The carbide-roll burnishing tool follows a similar path as the cutting tool and at comparable speeds and feeds. Carbide rolls are available from stock in four different radii: .031″, .062″, .093″ and .125″.
See this tool in action at www.monaghantooling.com.
Features & Benefits:
- Produce 4 to 8 microinch finishes (0.13-0.20 µm) in one pass
- Reduce costs by eliminating secondary operations
- Economical tool life with carbide roll and roll reconditioning service
- Inch and Metric size shanks available in right and left hand
- Metallurgical improvements:
- Work hardening
- Resistant to fatigue failure
- Corrosion resistance
- Can be run on a manual lathe or CNC turning center.
- Flood coolant is highly recommended.