The Internal Recessing Unit (IRU) is the most efficient method of machining single or multiple grooves in one operation. The Elliott IRU is recognized as a “best in class” tool for machining metering lands in hydraulic valve bodies.
See this tool in action at www.monaghantooling.com.
Features & Benefits:
- Cycle in seconds
- Repeatable and accurate for diameter and axial position of grooves and lands
- Eliminates deflection and provides perfect concentricity
- Cutters are re-grindable
- Can be used on drill press or CNC machines.
- Flood coolant is required and through the tool coolant is standard.
- The Elliott system is comprised of an operating head, pilot, carrier arm and replaceable form ground cutter.