The Elliott Boring Bar Style Carbide-Roll Burnishing Tool is versatile and high quality tool primarily designed for burnishing ID’s but is capable of burnishing OD surfaces. This tool is capable of producing surface finishes as low as 4 to 8 microinch.
The carbide-roll burnishing tools follows a similar path as the cutting tool and at comparable speeds and feeds. Carbide rolls are available from stock in four different radii: .031″, .062″, .093″ and .125″. Both inch and Metric size shanks are available.
See this tool in action at www.monaghantooling.com.
Features & Benefits:
- Produce 4 to 8 microinch finishes (0.13-0.20 µm) in one pass
- Reduce costs by eliminating secondary operations
- Economical tool life with carbide roll and roll reconditioning service
- Inch and Metric size shanks available
- Metallurgical improvements:
- Work hardening
- Resistant to fatigue failure
- Corrosion resistance
- Can be run on a manual lathe or CNC turning center.
- Flood coolant is highly recommended.